Explore 3 km of nature trails winding alongside the Castor River at W.E. Burton Conservation Area. Enjoy hiking, a serene picnic in the pines, shoreline fishing, and a spectacular view of the Russell Dam.
W.E. Burton Conservation Area Factsheet
- Address: 601 Church Street, Russell
- Length: 3 km, 60-90 min
- Conditions: Easy terrain, gravel, compact soil, along shoreline
- Activities: Geocaching, birding, hiking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, dog walking (on leash)
- Amenities: Picnic shelter, garbage cans, wheelchair access, parking
River Access features
- Conditions: Dam present, rock outcroppings
- Activities: Fishing (smallmouth bass, yellow perch)
- Amenities: No boat launch
Download the W.E. Burton Trail Map here.