We have fully allocated all available 2018 funding for the City of Ottawa Ash Tree Replacement Program.
While we cannot guarantee 2019 funding; we are pleased to add complete applications (with no missing information) to a waiting list should we be successful in receiving funding for a second year of this program, or if previously allocated funding becomes available.
Complete applications should be submitted for work that has not yet occurred. Applicants applying for our waiting list or work that has already occurred do so at their own risk. Funding is not guaranteed.
Thank you to everyone who has participated in this program – we look forward to receiving your final project paperwork and photo of your new tree!
We can only add applications with no missing information to our waiting list. Complete applications must include ALL of the following:
- All sections (excepting Section 6) must be complete and signed by the applicant.
- Section 6 must be completed and signed by your certified arborist or registered professional forester.
- Itemized quote for all eligible costs for tree removal must be attached.
- Itemized quote for all eligible costs for tree replacement must be attached.
Applicants with missing information must resubmit all application files in one email, fax or envelope. Due to a high volume of submissions, we cannot accept partial files.
About the Program:
As part of a partnership with the City of Ottawa, SNC is offering a new Ash Tree Replacement Program to assist landowners within the City of Ottawa, affected by the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) on private property. Cost-share funding will support the removal of the infected Ash tree(s) and replacement with a native tree(s). This grant opportunity is available to all property owners within the entire City of Ottawa.
All work related to tree removal and replacement must be performed by a registered forestry professional.
Please note: this grant program is only available for landowners with infected Ash trees occurring on private property and not for infected Ash trees occurring on City of Ottawa property.
Up to 50% to a maximum of $500/tree (removal of ash tree and planting of a replacement tree), maximum $5,000/landowner.
STEP 1: Am I eligible? Click here to view program Guidelines.
STEP 2: I have read the guidelines and I am eligible.
STEP 3: I will select a qualified professional (as indicated in guidelines and application) and attach a quote for removal and replacement to my application.
STEP 4: Click here to Apply!
Need Help Selecting a Native Tree Species? Click Here
The Emerald Ash Borer is an invasive wood-boring insect native to Asia that is killing millions of Ash trees in Southern Ontario (and beyond) including; green, red, black, white and blue Ash. In addition to its environmental threat, the EAB is causing economic threats across the province, for this reason the Canadian Food Inspection Agency has restricted the movement of firewood, as well as all wood products utilizing Ash, beyond the identified area of infestation.
To learn more about the Emerald Ash Borer please visit the following links:
- City of Ottawa's EAB site
- Government of Canada's Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Ontario's EAB site
- International Society of Arboriculture - Ontario Chapter
- Ontario Professional Foresters Association
- Natural Resources Canada EAB Factsheet
- Forests Ontario Emerald Ash Borer - Frequently Asked Questions
- Canadian Forest Service - Visual Guide to Detecting Emerald Ash Borer Damage