Information on tree planting, maintenance and care for each of the trees species available at our tree seedling giveaways are provided below. Check our social media accounts each spring for details on free tree events.
Reach out to our team at any time if you have questions!
When you plant your trees, please follow these steps:
- First soak the roots in water.
- Use a shovel and make a "L" shaped cut in the ground.
- Peel back the soil and place the seedling into the ground, ensure that all of the roots are buried and the soil reaches the root collar.
- Once the seedling is in the ground, hold onto the top of it and stomp around the base to ensure the ground is packed tight and there are no air pockets.
- Water the seedling, ensure there are no air bubbles coming up from the ground.