Each of these includes idle lands, stream banks, and buffer strips. Landowners that may be eligible for subsidy.
Forest Ontario: 50 Million Tree Program
SNC partners with Forest Ontario to provide seedlings, planting, and site preparation / tending for a $ 0.20 fee per tree for conifers and $ 0.50 fee per tree for deciduous . We are proud to offer native stock to Eastern Ontario.
- Have an open, productive planting area of at least one hectare (2.5 acres) in size;
- Ensure land is open and mostly open to woodland as defined by the Forestry Act since December 31, 1989;
- Minimum order is 1500 seedlings for a windbreak and 2000 seedlings for idle land;
- SNC staff visit each site, prepare a planting plan, apply the herbicide application (as required);
- Bilingual technicians available;
- Sign a 15-year management agreement to maintain the trees.
SNC is currently taking orders for the 2020 tree planting season.
Green Acres - Ottawa's Rural Reforestation Program
The City of Ottawa offers both a homeowner and a resident of the city. Green Acres Provides incentive grants for over-the-counter orders of 500 or more seedlings in the amount of of $ 0.20 per seedling. Through the Full-Service Program which requires 1000 trees or more, Green Acres will provide 50% of the planting costs in year 1 and will cover 75% of future tending costs in future years.
Learn more about the Green Acres program here .
Additional funding available for watercourses, through the Ottawa Rural Clean Water Grants Program .
Biodiversity Over the Counter Tree Planting Program
If you are not eligible for the above programs, SNC also provides over the counter tree sales.
- Minimum order 100 seedlings;
- Trees must be ordered in multiples of 50;
- SNC water supply;
- Landowners are responsible for picking up their trees and planting them;
- No management agreement, no survival guarantees;
- Orders being accepted until February 1st for spring 2020.
We are currently taking orders for spring 2020, order your trees today! Contact Cheyene Brunet for more information.