Generously donated by Augusta Township in 2021, the Mill Run Conservation Area provides people with the first public and maintained river access to the South Nation River in the Augusta area while working to protect natural heritage and forest cover in Eastern Ontario. The 9-acre site offers a scenic river route where people can easily canoe or kayak from Augusta to the historic Spencerville Mill and Museum.
Paddle the headwaters of the South Nation River upstream of the 200-year-old grist mill—the last one that operates on these banks. The popular Mill Run route has high water levels in the early spring, producing rapids and eddies for an exciting start to your journey.
- 5659 McCrea Rd, Augusta
- Conditions: Meadow, future pollinator garden, river access
- Activities: Geocaching, birding, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, dog walking (on leash)
- Amenities: Parking lot, trail, river access
River Access features
- Conditions: Meadow, river access
- Activities: Fishing, kayaking and canoeing, hiking
- Amenities: river access