Due to the risks associated with COVID-19, the Beckett’s Creek Subwatershed Study public open house has been postponed until further notice.
The City of Ottawa is hosting a Public Open House for the Beckett’s Creek Subwatershed Study on Tuesday, March 31, 2020. As part of this event, we will be featuring an Information Expo with displays on stewardship initiatives, best management practices, well water, septic systems and related topics.
The following list highlights some topics that we are planning to feature:
- Proper maintenance of private septic systems
- Stewardship programs, such as City Stream Watch, Shoreline Naturalization, Green Acres, Rural Clean Water
- Slope stability
- Natural Heritage system work in partnership with the United Counties of Prescott-Russell
- BMPs for private woodlots
- Well water testing for private drinking water wells
- Lot level measures for reducing stormwater runoff
- Cultural and educational opportunities in the community
The purpose of this event is to inform the community on the draft recommendations and to provide info on BMPs, stewardship and health concerns related to water quality.
Note - This is a City of Ottawa event, SNC will be attending and exhibiting at the open house.