Bid on Local Artwork to Help Us Plant More Trees In Your Community
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, several of SNC’s in-person fundraising events, including its annual charity golf tournament, were cancelled. These fundraising events have previously funded environmental education programs for local youth and public Conservation Area accessibility features.
SNC will instead be hosting an online silent art auction in October 2020, with funds raised going towards tree planting in the community.
Trees and forests provide many benefits and services to society, including clean water, recreational opportunities, wildlife habitat, carbon storage, watershed protection, flood and erosion control, and improved human health. They also help to beautify the landscape and provide shade and aesthetic appeal.
SNC is a not-for-profit, community-based environmental agency that relies on donations and self-generated revenue to protect and enhance the local environment.
Since 1990, SNC has planted more than 3.4 million trees across its watershed jurisdiction thanks to community and municipal partnerships and fundraising initiatives.
Over 140,000 trees were planted by SNC this year; but, with your support, we are hoping to plant 200,000 in 2021.
How It Works
We're using 32 Auctions to hold our online auction; a trusted and reliable online silent auction platform used by thousands of organizations worldwide. 32 Auctions will not collect your credit card information; however, you will need to provide your email address to participate and place bids. There will be a viewing period from October 1 to 7; bidding will be open from October 8 to 29. Following the auction, SNC will be invoicing highest bidders in Canadian currency, and will arrange for a safe pick-up or drop-off at your discretion.
Information including kind of artwork, size, fair market value, and artist biographies will be included on the auction webpage to help inform your bidding. Private viewings may be requested.
Can I Donate?
It's not too late to donate artwork! We are accepting donations of paintings, photographs, drawings, or woodworking projects until October 1st; email us at email@example.com or call 1-877-984-2948.
You can also donate to SNC without bidding on items. Click here to make a donation online.
As of September 28, 2020
- Carrie Keller (Paintings to Order) of Winchester
- Paul Schibli of Russell
- John Mazerall of Russell
- Ina Schneider of Cornwall
- Laura Stevens (Victoria Street Studios) of Finch
- Jacqueline Milner of Summerstown
- Aleta Karstad of North Grenville
- J. Paul Deveau of Russell
- Kathleen Morin of Cornwall
- Stephanie Wellman of Russell
- Steve Ion (Carey's Carvings) of Russell
- Ronald Leonard of Toronto
- Désirée Perras of Russell
- Pam McPhail Kirkwood of Chesterville
- Bobi Leutschaft Poitras of Alexandria
- David Oldford of Russell
- Mindfuelmik Creations of Cornwall
- Lynn Andrews of Ingleside
- Olivia Wright of Brinston
- Jim Leach of Ottawa
- Meagan Hauteclocque of Ottawa
- Appraisal Services Provided By: Cailuan Gallery and Art Supplies in Cornwall
Auction Link: www.32auctions.com/artfortrees