Everyone can benefit from planting suitable tree species on their property, including idle lands, stream banks, and buffer strips. Landowners that meet the requirements outlined in the programs below may be eligible for more than one program subsidy.
Forests Ontario 50 Million Tree Program
SNC partners with Forests Ontario to offer seedlings, planting, and site preparation/tending for a $0.20 fee per tree for conifers and $0.50 fee per tree for deciduous. We are proud to offer stock native to Eastern Ontario.
- Have a productive planting area at least one hectare (2.5 acres) in size;
- Includes the cost of the tree, planting and 1 application of herbicide (if required);
- Ensure land is open or mostly open and has not been a woodland as defined by the Forestry Act since December 31, 1989;
- Sign a 15-year management agreement to maintain the trees;
- A bilingual technician will be available for a free site visit and recommends appropriate species and site preparation for tree planting;
- Minimum order is 1500 seedlings for a windbreak and 2000 seedlings for idle land.
SNC’s tree planting program is taking orders for the 2017 tree planting season.
Green Acres - Ottawa's Rural Reforestation Program
The City of Ottawa offers both an over the counter and full service program to landowners who reside within the city. Green Acres provides incentive grants for over-the-counter orders of 500 seedlings or more in the amount of of $0.20 per seedling. Through the Full-Service Program which requires 1000 trees or more, Green Acres will provide 50% of the planting costs in year 1 and will cover 75% of subsequent tending costs in future years.
Learn more about the Green Acres program here.
Additional funding available for plantings adjacent to watercourses, through the Ottawa Rural Clean Water Grants Program.
Biodiversity Over the Counter Tree Planting Program
If you are not eligible for the programs above, SNC also provides over-the counter tree sales.
- Minimum order of 100 seedlings and multiple of 50 per species;
- No management agreement.
Order Your Trees Today! Contact Cheyene Brunet for more information.