South Nation Conservation is a partner in the management of over 40,000 acres of community forest land in Eastern Ontario. This includes SNC lands, as well as the lands owned by the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry (SD&G).
SNC forestry staff includes three registered professional foresters and two forest technicians with over 75 years of combined experience, who provide comprehensive forest management services for our partners.
SNC provides services to your community forests such as:
- forest management planning;
- operational planning;
- collection of forest management information ;
- tree marking;
- tree planting service;
- forest operations inspections;
- private woodlot advisory service;
- digital mapping;
- public and First Nations consultation: and
- property administration.