Grant rate: 100 per cent to a maximum of $1,000 per well
- United Counties of Prescott and Russell
- Portions of the City of Ottawa within the South Nation River watershed
Eligible items and project requirements:
- Proper decommissioning of well (dug, bored, drilled, or sandpoint) by a licensed well contractor licensed under the Ontario Water Resources Act in decommissioning wells (Class 1, 2, or 3). Listing of licensed contractors can be found here.
- Must comply with Ministry of Environment (MOE) procedures for decommissioning unused water wells according to Ontario Regulation 903 as amended. Details of the procedure must be documented on a water well record and a copy must be submitted to South Nation Conservation for all approved projects.
- Applicants are responsible for obtaining all required permits and/or approvals prior to initiating construction.
- Licensed contractor services
- Equipment rental
- Well upgrades or new well construction
- Labour or machinery use of applicant, family dependents or applicant’s business
To apply please contact:
André Pommainville, Program Representative
Funding provided by: